Connect with us

Hungry boy dies after mistaking dad’s meth for breakfast cereal

Hot Gist

Hungry boy dies after mistaking dad’s meth for breakfast cereal

A toxicology report released on Thursday, revealed an 8-year-old Indiana boy had 180 times the lethal limit of methamphetamine in his bloodstream when he died June 21, 2018.

Curtis Collman III woke up early on June 21 and told his dad, Curtis Gilbert Collman II, that he wanted something to eat, WDRB reported.
Collman II, 41 said there was no food in the Seymour house. But there was meth, that he left on a clear glass plate. Meth can be crystal like, or brownish in color and could have been mistaken for cereal in low light.

The child ate a staggering amount of the drug — 18,000 nanograms — toxicology results released this week revealed. A lethal amount is 100 nanograms.
The boy died at Schneck Medical Center in Seymour after police were called to his grandparents’ rural Crothersville home. The boy had been in the care of his father, Curtis Collman II, who had custody.

The dad was charged with neglect of a dependent causing death. He will also face charges of pointing a firearm, intimidation, possession of methamphetamine, failure to register as a sex offender and theft during that trial.

Collman never sought medical treatment for the boy and tried to prevent others from calling 911 to help him, according to court documents. A family friend eventually made the 911 call

Continue Reading
You may also like...
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

More in Hot Gist

Advertisement

Facebook

Title

Advertisement

Recent Posts

To Top