Mykehia Curry is going to be the first member of her family to go to college as the 18-year-old student from Georgia took out student loans to pay for her tuition and housing at Albany State University, but she didn’t have money for some of the things she’d need for her first time living away from home.
Curry’s mom is on disability, so money has been tight. So last week Saturday, just days before she was scheduled to leave for school, she asked God for help.
“I wrote a note that said ‘God please help me get the rest of my stuff for college. Then I said ‘Amen, I love you God’ and I wrote my name and number” Curry told CNN. She tied the note to three helium balloons leftover from her grandmother’s birthday celebration and let them go.
“When I was writing the note, I was just trying to reach out to God. I didn’t know where it would land. I thought that someone would pick it up and call me and tell me they got it or just throw it in the trash” she said.
The balloons flew about 15 miles northeast and carried the note to Gray, Georgia. That’s where Jerome Jones, a Baptist minister, found it. Jones also works for Georgia Power and spotted the balloons on Monday while he was out on a job.
“I saw something shiny and floating, so I walked over there and I got it and it was balloons with a note tied to it. They floated all night and they landed right in my hands, I mean, practically” he said.
He called Curry and offered to buy what she needed. “He said they would love to help me out.I was so shocked and surprised” Curry said.
More in Hot Gist
Taraba Govt. reinstates the worker it sacked because his wife died while supporting APC
The PDP-led Taraba State government has reinstated Alhaji Haruna Kawuwa, who was sacked after his wife,...
- Jussie Smollett now a suspect in a criminal investigation
- Elections: FG declares Friday public holiday, excludes bankers, others
- Taraba Govt. reinstates the worker it sacked because his wife died while supporting APC
- Fiancee dumps man for not budgeting enough for wedding cake
- Jussie Smollet: Family calls the media irresponsible
- Zahra Buhari reacts as Dino Melaye and Festus Keyamo argue
- I have never done plastic surgery because I’m terrified – Kylie Jenner
- Lady Gaga splits from talent agent fiance Christian Carino after two years together
- Actress accused of sleeping with man alleged to be HIV positive
- Mom and daughter steal, sell baby for N250k
- EFCC Arrests Atiku’s Lawyer Over $4m cash
- Khloe Kardashian dumps Tristan Thompson after cheating with Kylie’s bestie
- Nigerian brothers linked to Jussie smollet case are released without charge
- DJ Khaled shares photo of his massive weight loss
- International Election observers and UN release statement on Postponement of 2019 Elections
- Man attacks wife after she rejected demands for anal sex
- Popular comedienne’s ex-boyfriend exposes the poverty her mother lives
- Jussie Smollett denies paying 2 Nigerian brothers to attack him
- 50 Cent reacts as police officer orders for him to be shot on sight
- Yvonne Jegede shares first photos of her son amidst marriage crash